This is a call out to all artists and muralists interested in tendering a proposal to design and produce artwork for an exciting new project along Beaufort Street.
Inglewood on Beaufort is commissioning a mural (or murals) at 884 Beaufort Street, Inglewood – directly opposite the Inglewood town square. The murals are part of a larger program of physical improvements to the building’s forecourt, including the installation of trees, garden beds, seating, improved signage and overhead lighting.
The overall aim of this work is to create one of a number of new urban piazzas that beautifies our main street, makes for more interesting, engaging and comfortable spaces to enjoy and relax, attracts more visitors and shoppers strengthening our local economy, and encourages more positive social interactions within our community.
We want this new artwork to:
• Inject vibrancy and interest into the forecourt to improve its overall appearance
• Add to the creation of an inviting and attractive place for passers-by to enjoy
• Engage the local community during the design and/or delivery phases to better embed the space into the local fabric and increase the sense of ownership and pride
• Reflect and/or add to Inglewood’s unique sense of place
If you would like to find out more please click here to view and download the brief. Download the artists canvas and Location Concept plan from here too! If you would like to submit an application then please ensure you have these key details included in your application:
• Your CV and a short bio
• A detailed budget
• An explanation of the mural’s design and concept and why it has been proposed for this site (e.g. site context, characteristics of Inglewood/Perth, subject etc.)
• Initial concept sketches/mock-ups – you can use the elevations and/or artists impressions of the area to assist
• Images of recent works
Please submit your proposal before 5pm Monday 6 August to:
Ben Kent – Place Activation Officer, Inglewood on Beaufort firstname.lastname@example.org